- Mental Health America of Greater Houston - Click here for a list of community resources, support groups and more. A very informative page that is worth your time to visit!
- One Simple Wish https://www.onesimplewish.org/ If you know a foster care child who needs technology to work from home, they can email [email protected] to request help.
- Mindfulness Class for Kids https://www.mindfulschools.org/free-online-mindfulness-class-for-kids
Resources to Support You During COVID-19
10 COVID-19 Emotions You are Not the Only One Having - https://tinyurl.com/soenhh3
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - COVID-19 Resources
Center for Disease Control (CDC) - Managing Anxiety and Stress During COVID-19
- PsychCentral: Coronavirus Anxiety: 4 Ways to Cope with Anxiety and Fear
- National Association of School Psychology (NASP): How to Talk to Your Student About COVID-19
- Mental Health America: Mental Health and COVID-19 Information Aid and Resources
- American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Coronavirus Resources
- PBS Kids: How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring the New Coronavirus from NPR
- Brain Pop Video About the Coronavirus
Wellness /Mental Health Resources
Self-Care Resources for Educators and Parents:
For questions about COVID‑19, including finding a doctor or accessing medical care, dial 2‑1‑1, then choose Option 6.
(Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., 7 days per week)
Disaster Distress Helpline-800-985-5990 or text "TalkWithUS" to 66745
Crisis Intervention Hotline of Houston: Operates free, confidential, anonymous crisis and suicide prevention counseling, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 832.416.1177 TEEN: 832.416.1199 (CALL) | TEEN: 281.201.4430 (TEXT).
Baylor College of Medicine Mental Health Support Line: 713-634-1110 (Available 24/7)
Crisis Text 24/7: Text Hello to: 741741
The Harris Center’s Harris County COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line: 833-251-7544 (Available 24/7)
The Trevor Project: Call 1-866-488-7386; Operates 24/7. If you are a young person in crisis, feeling suicidal, or in need of a safe, non-judgment free space to talk, call the Trevor LifeLine. Specializing in LGBTQ Youth.
Harris County Public Health: 832-927-7575* (*This number is staffed 9 a.m. to 7p.m. everyday)
Harris Health System: 713-634-1110* (*This number is 9am-7pm, everyday clinical-related questions only)
Houston Health Department: 832-393-4220* (*This number is staffed 9 a.m. to 7p.m. M-F, 9am-3pm on Sat.)
National Domestic Violence Hotline: For anyone affected by abuse and needing support, call 1.800.799.7233 or if you’re unable to speak safely, you can log onto thehotline.org or text LOVEIS to 22522.
If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, please contact the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services toll free at 1-800-252-5400, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also file a report using the secure TDFPS website. Reports made through this website take up to 24 hours to process. The Texas Abuse Hotline is 1-800-252-5400.